Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Squeeshes

On Monday Rebecca brought home two rubber animals. They were tiny. One was a pig, the other was a seahorse. Both were pink, soft and cute. Rebecca called them “Squeeshes.” They belonged to her friend, Angela, who kindly let Rebecca and other two friends take them home by turn. When Gabby got home she saw Rebecca was playing with the “Squeeshes.”

Gabby: I want that!
Rebecca: No!
Gabby: Mommy, Sister doesn’t give that to me!
Mommy: Could you give one “Squeesh” to Gabby?
Rebecca: No! She will lose it.
Gabby (crying): I want that!
……

Mommy: If you don’t want to share them with Gabby, you’d better put them away and don’t play with them in front of her.

Rebecca thought for a while. Then she began the following conversation with Gabby.

Rebecca: Say the magic words!
Gabby: Please!
Rebecca: Say “Please Rebecca, Angela, Alice and Sarah!”
Gabby: Please Rebecca, Angela, Alice and Sarah!
Rebecca: Say “I won’t lose it.”
Gabby: I won’t lose it.
Rebecca: Say “ I will give it back to you when I don’t want to play it any more.”
Gabby: I will give it back to you when I don’t want to play it any more.

Then Rebecca shared the “Squeesh” pig with Gabby. Mommy was happy that they worked out the problem by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment