Monday, April 18, 2011

Nash (1)

After Devon the turtle was put back to the nature, Rebecca wanted to have another pet.

Mommy: We could have some chickens.

Rebecca: No, I don’t want chickens.

Mommy: We could have some fishes.

Rebecca: No, I don’t want fishes.

Mommy: We could have a guinea pig or a hamster.

Rebecca: No, I don’t want a guinea pig or a hamster.

Mommy: Then what do you want to have as a pet?

Rebecca: A cat!

Rebecca was determined to have a cat. She did research on cats on the internet.

Rebecca: Mommy, what brand of cat do you want to have?

Mommy: I even don’t know what brands there are.

Rebecca then told Mommy all the brands and their features she learned from the internet. Mommy was amazed she remembered all this information by heart.

Mommy: I am not sure what type of cat I want to have. Having a pet is like to have a baby. No matter what it is, you’ll have to love it as it is.

Rebecca: I know. If I have a cat, I’ll love it no matter what it is.

However, Rebecca’s pet wish did not come along very smoothly. Daddy didn’t want to have a cat in the house.

Rebecca was very sad. She and Mommy prayed. They knew everything was in God’s hands, including Daddy’s heart.

They prayed for a few days, but Daddy still insisted no cat. Rebecca was very very sad.

Rebecca: I will never have a cat because Daddy will never let me to have one.

Mommy: You know nothing is impossible with God. He is your heavenly father. He understands your desire and needs. He listens to your prayers. Put your failth in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment