Thursday, April 1, 2010

Rebecca's Child Talks (2)

At age 4. Mommy went to Tempe Christian School for a Thankgiving Lunch with Rebecca. Upon seeing Mommy, Rebecca ran to her. Rebecca's friend, Alexis, also ran to Mommy. At that moment, Rebecca didn't want to share her Mommy with anyone else. She said, "This is my Mommy! Not your Mommy!"

At age 4. One day Rebecca was sick and Mommy stayed home with her.
Rebecca: "I like to be sick."
Mommy: "How come?"
Rebecca: "Because I can stay with you at home."
Mommy felt very sorry. She gave Rebecca a hug.

At age 4. One day after dinner Mommy and Rebecca were taking a walk on the community's sidewalk.
Rebecca: "How long will you live?"
Mommy: "I don't know. 80 or 90, probably."
Rebecca: "I don't want you to die. I want you to live with me forever."
Mommy: "I'll live with you for as long as I can, but nobody can live forever."
Rebecca: "Where will you go after you die."
Mommy: "Heaven. I will be with God in heaven."
Rebecca: "Can I go to heaven after I die?"
Mommy: "Yes, you can as long as you believe in Jesus."
Rebecca (excitedly): "Then we will be together again."
Mommy: "Yes. And we will be together forever."

At age 5. One day at bath time Daddy made fun of Mommy's saggy belly (a non-malicious joke). Hearing that, Rebecca defended for Mommy, "That's because she gave birth to me and Gabby." A big smile appeared on Mommy's face immediately.

1 comment:

  1. At the age of 5, when Antie visisted the family in Phoenix in August, 2009, one night, Rebecca ran into Antie's room after bath. Antie reminded her to dry her hair completely so that she would not get sick. Rebecca told Antie: "the only thing I like about being sick is that I can get all the attention..." Antie felt a pain in her heart....

    ReplyDelete