Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oragami

Recently Rebecca is fascinated with Oragami. She wants Mommy to write a blog about it. She mentioned that a couple of times. Mommy doesn't know much about Oragami. To make her wish come true, Mommy did the following interview with her.

Mommy: What is Oragami?
Rebecca: It's an art that uses paper to fold objects.

Mommy: Why are you interested in Oragami?
Rebecca: Because it is fun. It is fun to look at the object I make when it is done.

Mommy: What objects can you make?
Rebecca: All kinds of things, such as rose, lily, water lily, water lotus, shrimp, crane, Christmas tree, piano, just to name a few.

Mommy: What do you use to make your Oragami objects?
Rebecca: All kinds of paper that is not used, such as my used homework sheet and Gabby's daily school report.

Mommy: How often do you make Oragami objects?
Rebecca: Whenever I have a piece of paper I'll fold it into an Oragami object. I do it at home, at school, and in the car.

Mommy: How many Oragami objects you have made?
Rebecca: A lot.
(This is true. There are Oragami objects everywhere at home.)

Mommy: How do you learn it?
Rebecca: From the internet. Also from my friends at the summer camp.

Mommy: When did you become interested in Oragami?
Rebecca: I was about seven and a half years old. One day at my drawing class a boy named David brought a book about Oragami. He made an Oragami flower basket. I thought it was cute, and then I became interested in Oragami. I started to search on the internet on how to make Oragami objects and follow the instruction to make those objects on my own.

Mommy: What is the hardest Oragami object you have learned so far?
Rebecca: Lily and water lotus.

Mommy: What is your wish about Oragami?
Rebecca: I wish to write a book about it some day.

Oragami Water Lotuses Made by Rebecca


1 comment:

  1. Woww.. Rebecca, these are very good art work, well done!

    I remember you secretly learned from Youtube on how to make a beating heart -that was in May when I was with the family. You gave the heart to Mum on Mother's day. Next time, we make Oragami together. :-)

    ReplyDelete