Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Skiing Day - by Rebecca

My Dad and I went skiing on March 20,2010 in Flagstaff. We left at about 7:30 and got there at about 10:30 or 10:55. We changed to our snow pants and jackets and put on hats, gloves and sunglasses (I also put on sunscreen).Then, we put on our ski boots and walked towards the snow.

We started skiing from the middle down. It was fun! I was good at turning left, but not good at turning right. I was skiing until Daddy called me for lunch.The restaurant was upstairs of the locker room. For lunch I ordered Soup of the Day (with pasta) and chicken strips with french fries. My Daddy and I got some Mountain Dew to share. I ate and ate until I was full (I ate everything I ordered).

After lunch we went back to ski. We wanted to take the lift, so we skied to the start of the lift. At the end of the lift we started to ski down, but I stopped Daddy. I asked Daddy why we weren't skiing together and he said I would ski myself. I felt scared and started to cry.Daddy told me to get up and it wasn't going to be scary. So I started to ski. First, I turned left. Then, I turned right and then left again. When I was all the way down, I didn't think it was scary at all. We took the lift and skied down 2 or 3 more times until they closed the lift. Then we called Mommy and told her we were going home.

Finally, we got into the car and started to head home.We left at 4:55. It took us 2 hours and 45 minutes and we got back home at 7:40. When I got home there were warm meat pies waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment